- 25 september 2016
- Gepost door: Karley Linger
- Categorie: Contributors
I used to sit and wonder how my life would be different if I had not gotten sick but lately I have been able to see the blessings that my chronic invisible illnesses bring.
- I found out who my true friends are;
- I have a big support group with my other chronic illness friends;
- My family is honest with me now about how they feel about my Illness;
- Being in Chronic Illness groups has changed my life. They are amazing;
- I no longer have to worry about going out all the time, drinking, dancing and acting like a normal 21 year old would;
- I have gotten better at communication with my family, my husband and friends;
- I have a bigger knowledge of medical terms;
- I understand the risks of treatments and medications that I didn’t have before.
Some days I admit make me wonder how things would be different, but at the same time I know that things have changed forever and I need to accept it.
Wishing things were different is not going to get me anywhere and staying in the past never helped anyone.
Credits photo: hobvias sudoneighm
My name is Karley and I am a 23 year old Chronic Illness Blogger who suffers from Interstitial Cystitis, Endometriosis, Pelvic Floor Dyfunction, Anxiety and Depression.